Monday, July 19, 2010

The good and bad times

Sooo..some of you may know my cousin was in a pretty good car accident Saturday night. She supposedly swerved to miss a deer or dog and she flipped her car and flew out going 20-30 feet. But I saw the pics of her car today..I think the fact that she wasn't wearing her seat belt saved her life. The car was pretty bad. But anyways..she has some pretty serious injuries. She had blood on the brain, but the doctors aren't doing surgery yet cuz I guess its not bad enough. It should take care of itself. She has a few broken ribs and a collapsed or partially collapsed lung. They put chest tubes in her. Poor girl..she said those hurt like hell. I can just imagine. But its helping..she had so much fluid in her lungs. I went to see her today. When I saw her the first time she was off her drugs so they could give her an epidural. She was in so much pain. Made me wanna cry to see her like that. When we came back later though, she had a test shot of epidural and she was a little happier. The third time, she had her little button thing she can push to get drugs back, and she was pretty happy. Not realizing of course, that that thing only allows so much out. haha..but we had her laughing by the time we left. Me and my mom got her a balloon and a necklace..the necklace was kinda like a charm bracelet where you can put whatever you want on it..well they are little circles called Infinity circles..we got family, strength and smile for her. Oh and I got her a little good luck token. So hopefully things will start to get better soon. I'm not sure how long she'll be in the hospital..but she was moved out of the ICU and into Trauma..so shes getting somewhere. Thanks for all the prayers guys!



So now or something a little more cheerful...me and Seth are going camping tomorrow. I am totally excited. We always go at least once a year. We borrow his dads camper. Its so nice to just get away for a few days!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about your cousin, and hope that she gets better soon!

    Also, have fun camping! My best friend just took a three week camping trip all along the west coast. Soooo jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no that sounds terrible. It puts everything into perspective - I had a tiny 'accident' two days ago, a stupid woman backed into my car. This doesn't sound like much but my car was brand new, one week old! I was and am so upset but of course it's nothing compared to what she's going through, the poor thing.

    ReplyDelete